1. Participants will understand similarities between typical youth developmental behaviors and behaviors associated with developing mental health problems.
2.Participants will be able to recognize the warning signs of suicide and ask the appropriate questions to aid a person in crisis.
3. Participants will learn of the ALGEE Safety Plan and be able to apply to a case scenario.
Children of Trauma ~154 Marcum 1-4p~
This course provides content related to grief versus trauma, trauma exposure, trauma to be
viewed as an experience rather than a diagnostic category, trauma’s impact on the brain, the
Adverse Childhood Experiences Study and additional information and strategies to support the
evidence-based structured sensory
interventions TLC developed. Danielle Ratcliff
1. Distinguish the differences between grief reactions and trauma reactions and examine the wide range of adverse experiences that can cause trauma reactions.
2. Explore how trauma impacts brain functions of memory, emotional regulation,
behavior and learning.
3. Demonstrate how to be a caring, curious witness to help trauma survivors heal.